1) Operas only seem like they last 18 years.
2) Children are cheaper to produce.
3) Nobody ever said “Don’t make me turn this car around!” to an opera.
4) No one is appropriately impressed when they ask your profession and you say “My children.”
5) Operas like to sleep late.
6) Most Americans have seen a child.
7) An opera means clashing woes. A child means washing clothes.
8) If you don’t like the opera, you can walk out.
9) Dozens of popular children have been produced this century.
10) Children are louder.